Terms and Conditions of Entry*
*Information on how to enter and prize form part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Eligibility: Entry is open to all attendees of the World Congress of Accountants, being held in Sydney, Australia November 5-8, 2018 who are aged 18 years or older (“Entrant(s)”). Employees of Active Directions Pty Ltd (the Promoter), its related bodies corporate and its agencies associated with this Competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Entry is free.
2. To enter the Competition, Entrants must submit, during the Promotional Period, a written entry of 25 words or less why they have chosen their nominated Registered Charity. Entrants should also include in their entry their name, company name and email. No responsibility will be accepted for late or misdirected entry. One entry per Entrant is permitted.
3. Promotional Period: Promotion commences 9am 05/11/18. Entries close by 12.59pm on
4. Selection: This is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based on originality and creativity. Unless otherwise notified by the Promoter, the judging panel will consist of the Director of Active Directions and an appointee of Active Direction’s Consulting Team. Judging of the entries will take place at the Promoter’s offices at 259 George Street, Sydney NSW 2001 and will be completed by 13/11/2018. The winner will be notified by email by 14/11/2018. The best entry, as determined by the judges in their absolute discretion, will win $10,000 worth of Consulting Services for their choice of Registered Charity. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Prizes: The winner will be first notified by email and, if the winner does not respond in 14 days, then notified using the contact details retained in the Promoter’s customer database. The prize needs to be actioned within 6 months of the Promoter successfully making contact with him or her. If the prize is not claimed by 10am on 28/11/2018 a further winner will be selected by the judging panel at 2pm at the Promoter’s offices at 259 George Street Sydney NSW 2001, and the winner will be notified by email and failing that via details in the Promoter’s client database. The total value of the prize awarded in this competition is $10,000 (GST inclusive). The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be received as cash. The Promoter is under no obligation to return any material submitted for this Competition. The Promoter may require the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of membership, proof of age and proof of registered
Charity. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. The scope of consulting services included in the prize will be mutually agreed between the winner and the Promoter. The agreed services will be delivered either onsite or offsite by agreement, with travel expenses not being included as part of the prize.
6. Consent: By entering this Competition the Entrant consents and agrees:
(a) unless otherwise advised by the Entrant in writing to the Promoter prior to entering the Competition, all information and/or literary works submitted as part of the entry to the Promoter (“Competition Material”) will be entered into the Promoter’s database for use by the Promoter (and its affiliates) in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any reference or payment or other compensation to the Entrant;
(b) the Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, perpetual licence to use Competition Material for the above purpose in paragraph 6(a). Any new material created from the Competition Material will be the property of the Promoter; and
(c) all Competition Material submitted by the Entrant is the original work of the Entrant and/or the Entrant has obtained all necessary permissions to use the Competition Material and such material does not infringe the rights of any third party.
8. Entrants’ Other Obligations: The Winner must make themselves available to accept delivery of the prize. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss for damage (including, but not limited to, death or personal injury) which is suffered by any Entrant as a result of taking part or participating in this Competition.
9. Promoter: The Promoter is Active Directions ABN 40 605 555 146 of 27/259 George Street Sydney, NSW 2001.